Thursday, March 25, 2010

Testing the waters









Home decorating has always been a personal passion of mine, and what better use of my current free time now that I have left my hospitality career than to practice my love in my own home. Putting a home together is very personal and can be a slow process. My husband and I have slowly been replacing our IKEA pieces that fell apart a year after we bought them, with items that we plan on having for many years to come. I love using soft and unobtrusive colors with my big pieces, like the sofas seen here and adding splashes of color elsewhere. I save the color for the art on the walls or a colorful throw pillow( which I am currently on the hunt for). If you buy furniture or bed sheets with lots of color and pattern you end up getting tired of them after a year or less. With that in mind, why not get those wild colors and patterns in smaller pieces that you can replace or move around your space. You will also find you will be much more relaxed in a space that is easier on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment