Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nice thought for a Thursday


This poster got me thinking... I know this is not news to you all, but this Spring I've found myself trying to figure out what this (Live what you love) means for me and how work fits into this. Yes indeed, the age-old question - the mid-20's wake-up call... i realize i am not the first nor the last to think about these things (clearly, they make posters to remind people of this!) That said, what the heck, we're all on here to share what's on our mind... so here what's on my mind... I am making a demand of myself to make work also be something I love, or at least be true to what i love; I don't want my entire professional career to be counting down until Friday and vacation. I don't want to settle that these have to be separate worlds; life at work & life outside of work can indeed get married and live happily ever after, right? As Maggie preached and challenged us all to consider, "why not me?” Why can't we obtain this or whatever our personal ultimate goal is...Why can't we figure out how to make it happen and still afford the life we want to live and the things we like to enjoy? I think we can... and when I figure out how, I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment