Friday, February 26, 2010

a blank canvas

Let me digress from our topic of choice for just one moment and present to you my new abode. It is official, we are moving. We have decided to embrace our special california surroundings and will settle ourselves into hillside in a redwood forest (I'm not joking). But really, it's amazing that just 1 mile from downtown mv, you can actually feel like you are 100 miles tucked away.

People always ask me what a youngin like me is doing up in the burbs and well yes, I realize it's a deviation from what your normal 25 + 27 year old couple chooses these days but who doesn't like to deviate? And really, why not? Perhaps our social life takes a little bit of a hit and yes I am faced with a longer commute, but how am I supposed to ignore the beauty and peaceful surroundings that rest just north of the great city of San Francisco? And when I wake up in the morning, step outside onto the deck, smell the fresh forest air and sip on my organic french roast hot off the french press (yes, I love all things French), I'll always know exactly why we are where we are.

Well anyways, the countdown is on. In approximately 30 days, we will make ourselves a new home. Yes, it will be stressful...moves always are, but I feel surprisingly calm. And, of course, excited! And most importantly, I cannot wait to decorate what feels very much like a blank canvas. So think of this as my before picture. And come April, expect to see the after.

I can't help but say it...Over the hill and through the woods to our new home we go!

Peace and love 7girls. I desperately await your arrival.




2 comments:

  1. ab, its gorg! what a wonderful new space to work with! really, as i sit here among rain, rain, and more rain.. (you may think i'm being dramatic, but in fact, no, i haven't seen sun in days) the thought of you among the forest, tucked away into a hillside avec le french press, c'est magnifique! as soon as my two feet touch down on the ol red white and blue, operation MV commences. in fact, it might just start sooner.. love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! Now I really can't wait to visit! Hope you and G celebrated the big news properly (even though I know this was supposed to be a no wine week).

    big XO congrats love.

    ReplyDelete